TAWT, Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In order for you to create an account on the Website and use our services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Website, that may include, but is not limited to, the following (“Personal Information”):
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through the Website, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions you make in connection with the Services, including your credit card or debit card number;
- information about your activity on and interaction with the Website, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to Us in the form of comments or messages to other users.
We do not maintain any of the information described above on persons who, regardless of citizenship, are residing in countries that are members of the European Union. If you are a resident of an EU nation, please do not take any action on this site or provide any information about yourself through this site. If you are a resident of an EU nation and believe you have already provided such data inadvertently, through this site, or to the site operator, please contact us at the e-mail address below so that we can take steps to delete that data.
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- any payment information you provide;
- your password details;
- your IP address;
- your phone number; and
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We do not give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide our Services.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Our legal rights.
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on the Website, containing your account name, the date the account was created. Whenever your account name appears on the Website (for instance, when you post comments or send messages), people can click your account name to see your profile. Here are some of the things that may be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on the Website:
- the account name, and the date it was created
- any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location)
- any comments you’ve posted
- if you have “Liked” a comment
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- provide to our third-party service providers (and in some cases, our affiliates) who provide services such as hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services;
- send you news and information about Ann Wilson & to solicit your participation in the Website programs, events, and activities, and obtain and confirm RSVPs to events and programs
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with any services through the Website (the “Services”);
- send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences;
- present projects to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services;
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information;
- to third parties that sponsor contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our artists, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If you use any location-enabled products or services, you may be sending Us location information. When you use a location-enabled service, We may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We and Our third party service providers and partners may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses, We may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
We may collect information about how you interact on the Website. For example, the Website may utilize analytic tools to help Us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the Website. This collected information may let Us know which services and features you are using the most within the Website, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download, etc.
We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like an item.
If you decide to purchase tickets to an event or to make a contribution online, We may also ask for your credit card number and its expiration date. That information is used solely for processing your contribution; is not maintained by our organization; and is never disclosed to anyone, for any other purpose other than for processing your contribution, under any circumstances.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites and software applications work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites and software applications can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g., by remembering your user preferences).
What Cookies do we use? Essential:
Cookies that are essential to provide you with Services you have requested. This function can be removed in your browser settings (EX. Google Chrome).
Cookies which measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how Our users engage with Our journalism and to improve Our sites and apps, so that users have a better experience. We also use third party cookies to help Us with performance. An example of these would be google analytics. This function can be removed in your browser settings (EX. Google Chrome).
Cookies that are used to recognize you and remember your preferences or setting when you return to Our site, to provide a more user friendly experience. A mix of first party and third party cookies are used. This function can be removed in your browser settings (EX. Google Chrome).
Cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to Our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed, and information about your browser, device, and IP address. This function can be removed in your browser settings (EX. Google Chrome).
The Website utilizes session IDs to help users navigate within the website and travel back to previous pages. This function is essential for navigation and removing it will affect the user friendliness of the Website. This function can be removed in your browser settings (EX. Google Chrome).
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to Us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
People who subscribe to email lists via this website will receive periodic updates from the Website by regular mail, fax, and/or e-mail. You may opt-out of receiving future information via e-mail by using the unsubscribe procedure specified on the e-mail message.
On request, We will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that We hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
We log standard technical information, such as your IP address and the kind of browser you use. We log this information for troubleshooting purposes and to track which pages people visit in order to improve the site. We do not use log files to track a particular individual’s use of the website.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Permission to access your information is granted only to you and Our employees or contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.